Terms & Conditions for using 3dbabyscans.co.uk services
1. Your scan will be performed by a consultant in fetal medicine who has completed maternal fetal sub speciality training and is on the GMC register with a certificate completion of training in maternal fetal medicine
2. The 4D “bonding” scan performed is primarily to assist in the pre birth bonding with your unborn baby. It is specifically NOT intended to replace or augment your NHS prenatal scanning programme.
3. The scan is classified as self referred
4. Prior to attending 3dbabyscans.co.uk for a 4D scan you MUST have already had an NHS fetal anomaly scan
5. If gender sexing is requested we will attempt to determine fetal sex by ultrasound. However, studies suggest that in up to 5% of cases fetal sexing will be inaccurate. Therefore, 3dbabyscans.co.uk cannot guarantee that the sex determined on ultrasound is the actual sex, and the company, nor the consultant performing your scan, cannot be held responsible for any errors
6. The bonding scan is not intended to identify or diagnose any fetal abnormality or defect. This is the responsibility of your NHS maternity health care provider. You have agreed by entering into 3dbabyscans.co.uk services that 3dbabyscans.co.uk or the consultant performing your scan cannot be held responsible if your baby is born with an abnormality that could be detected on a fetal anatomy scan. However, if any abnormality is seen at the time of the bonding scan the consultant will liaise with an NHS specialist at the UK hospital you are booked for delivery. For patients booked to deliver at Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital then the consultant will be able to arrange direct referral to the NHS Fetal Medicine Department run at the NNUH.
7. Images obtained for you onto CD or DVD are not copyright protected and so you are free to make further copies (at your own expense) from the originals produced by 3dbabyscans.co.uk.
8. By attending for a scan with 3dbabyscans.co.uk you consent to images that are produced being used to promote 3dbabyscans.co.uk business at no cost to 3dbabyscans.co.uk. Any images used for business promotion will be anonymous.
9. You consent for staff at 3dbabyscans.co.uk to access your NHS medical records for the purposes of the scan, and also to access for clinical audit and quality assurances purposes.
10. 3dbabyscans.co.uk will do everything possible to obtain good quality scanned images of your baby. However, nature will dictate how easy or difficult obtaining those images will be. If it is difficult, initially to obtain a good image, you will be asked to take a short walk, or have a cold drink, this usually encourages baby to move position. You will then be re-scanned at no further cost to complete your total scan time.
11. For the essential and essential + packages (also referred to as basic and basic + packages) if 3dbabyscans.co.uk is unable to achieve quality images at the end of the scan no free scan will be offered and full fee is charged.
12. For the complete package if 3dbabyscans.co.uk considers we are unable to obtain quality images, we will offer one complimentary rescan, at a future date. This is subject to scanning availability and gestation for women. No compensation for additional costs (e.g. parking fees, travel expenses, lost earnings etc) incurred by the patient to attend this appointment will be offered by 3dbabyscans.co.uk.
13. It should be noted that on very rare occasions, it is not possible to obtain the quality 3D & 4D images we usually acquire. This is usually something outside of 3dbabyscans.co.uk control. Due to the significant expense each scan incurs, after the subsequent free scan, 3dbabyscans.co.uk cannot offer further scans without charging, however a discounted rate will be offered in these circumstances.
14. In the event that we cannot obtain 3D/4D images of your baby after a free rescan the full complete 4D bonding scan fee will be charged
15. Rescans will be at the discretion of 3dbabyscans.co.uk and the Consultant performing your scan.
16. We ask you to check that your DVD and CD functions when you arrive home after the scan. Issues with either the CD or DVD should be reported to 3babyscans.co.uk within 7 calendar days of your scan performed. In the unlikely event that one or both DVD/CD does not work it should be returned to us within 10 calendar days of your scan for us to examine it. 3dbabyscans.co.uk will not pay for any costs incurred by you to return CD or DVD.
17. For CD images that we find not working we will attempt to reload them onto a new CD for you, check they work on our computer and post back to you. If this is not possible we will offer free rescan to you to obtain satisfactory images or refund £25 depending on what you prefer.
18. For DVD we will examine the DVD and if it appears not to work on our DVD player we will offer either free rescan to obtain DVD of around 20-25 minutes length or alternatively a refund of £80 (making the scan price equivalent to essential + package) depending on what you prefer.
19. Payment for scans will be by either cash or cheque and the fee for the consultant performing your scan will be payable to him on the day of your scan prior to scan commencing. Further details of fees and payment can be obtained by contacting 3babyscans.co.uk.
20. No charge will be levied if a cancellation is made 2 working days prior to appointment – for Monday clinic this means cancellation must be made by 5.00pm of the previous Wednesday. Cancellation without 2 working days notice will result in a charge of £80 being levied to cover cost of scan slot not being used.
21. Computers within the NNUH are protected with a corporate anti-virus system. When we create your CD/DVD we assume it is error and virus free. We accept no responsibility once the digital copies have left our systems from damages that may arise from using the CD or DVD.
22. Force Majeure. 3DBabyScans.co.uk shall be under no liability if we are unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond our control including (without limiting the foregoing) act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or any other action taken by employees in contemplation or furtherance of a dispute or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the customer may by written notice to 3DBabyScans.co.uk elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used, but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.